= Effective Communication and Fair Play =
In human interaction involving conflict, many among us do not possess Effective Communication Skills. Many others refuse to practice Fair Play forcing the opponent into silence instead. These are not winning practices in the long run.
Remember: Absence of fair play invites sabotage from victims. Everyone loses.
I suggest we follow traffic rules for human interaction. Accidents decrease when everyone uses shared rules. Hold and face the mirror of reality and study this communication guide.
You will emerge as a leader when you truly sharpen your Communication and Negotiation Skills. Especially in situations of conflict that require highly skilled communication and problem solving, be totally alert in:
- KEEPING FOCUS ONLY ON FACTS
- GIVING PARTICIPANTS TIME TO COMMUNICATE – alternating listening / talking / listening –
- LISTENING WITH EMPATHY – using the other’s perspective to understand –
- REPHRASING, AND SUMMARIZING WHAT THE OTHER SAID – and then stating your position –
- AVOIDING BLAME AND FAULTFINDING – e.g. if you had not done….-
- AVOIDING LABELS – e.g. cruel, bastard, stupid, crazy… –
- IDENTIFYING THE NEEDS AND BENEFITS FOR ALL
- PROPOSING COMPROMISES, AIMING AT WIN / WIN SOLUTIONS
In my individual and group coaching sessions, in Couple therapy, in Business Negotiation meetings and through Seminars, Boot Camps and Workshops I share these techniques and principles. Interactive practice and feedback enables mastery of skills for all participants.
Winning Communication Skills are fun to learn.
So, since you and I are not shortsighted, let us practice fair play and share the empowering game of communication with as many others as we can. Everyone wins on the way to staying upbeat!
Dr. Louise Aznavour
Psychologist = Solution Oriented Coaching =
+1 (514) 983-8309
Email Dr. Louise Aznavour, Psychologist = Solution Oriented Coaching =
Don't be shy! Please leave a phone number where you can be reached. You can ask me your questions and I will answer them. The 10-15 minute communication is efficient and free.