• Take a deep breath from your tummy.
• In your mind’s eye see the ticking
• See the arms move to 3:00, to 4:30, to 6:45
• Imagine hearing the ticking sounds aaaand remind yourself Whether it is the best of times or The worst of times, It is the only time you’ve got.
– Art Buchwald –
• Memorize this, repeat it as a mantra aaaaaand mean what you say!
• Now, get on with your day. This technique brings you down to earth when you get stuck with “should be, ought to be, if only, could have, would have…” Whenever you feel self-pity, fear, or anger, bring up the image of the clock. Use the ‘reality check’ and say with conviction Whether it is the best of times or The worst of times, It is the only time you’ve got. This motto will train you to stay in the present, with the here and now. Do you see yourself as someone who is overwhelmed? Are you mainly focused on the effect others have on you? Do you find life too demanding? Do you want others to see you as someone who cannot cope? It is your turn to practice. Do not leave it for later. Add your personal touches to the technique and share them with me, will you? Thank you.
= CHECKPOINT =
• Was the image of the clock clear?
• Did you ‘hear’ the ticking sound of the clock? Look, if you have a slight hesitation in your
response, go ahead and practice again. This is not a book to read passively.
• So, are you visual or audiovisual or both? Get to know your abilities. You can only strengthen
your abilities by actively exercising them.
Mini Audio selections are chapters extracted from GOODBYE STRESS – HELLO SUCCESS The AudioBook
Dr. Louise Aznavour
Psychologist = Solution Oriented Coaching =
+1 (514) 983-8309
Email Dr. Louise Aznavour, Psychologist = Solution Oriented Coaching =
Don't be shy! Please leave a phone number where you can be reached. You can ask me your questions and I will answer them. The 10-15 minute communication is efficient and free.